I am always looking for a reason to have a party...so I decided to make the last day of school a family celebration. We started the evening with homemade pizza. But I didn't take any pictures of that. Mainly because after I put the first one in the oven, I had to run to the commissary to get frosting. When I got back, the pizza was pretty much gone. We did make more pizza after that, but I was busy frosting this:
I was feeling a bit nostalgic, thinking back to my elementary school days. I still have a place in my heart for boxed yellow cake with canned chocolate frosting. So that is what we had. And sprinkles, suggested by Jacob. Owen almost missed out, because he wouldn't eat any pizza (no dinner=no dessert here). A kid not eating pizza? Crazy, right? Owen just has a discerning palate. He could tell after one bite that something was up. Indeed, I totally spiked the pizza sauce with every vegetable I could think of. The boy won't eat vegetables. He often does pass up dessert, simply because he is so strongly against peas, beans, broccoli...you name it. He will often get a smoothy the next morning, and we'll sneak kale in it so at least he gets something green. But this pizza sauce had carrots, spinach, onion & garlic. He was totally on to it. But I was able to get him to nibble off bites while I held it. He ended up eating a full slice. And then he got cake.
We had a slumber party (sort of). They all worked together to neatly arrange their bags. It would have been nice, but the little ones couldn't stay down, so they ended up back in their beds. But they did all get to watch the Korea/Argentina game.
Kevin bought the boys Korean Soccer shirts. Ethan is posing like the Koreans do in all their pictures. Note the Korean Commentators in the back ground. We went back and forth between watching the AFN American Airing and the Korean airing. It was nice to have the option :) Just so you don't think he jipped (is that really a word?) Anna Grace, we didn't think she'd care about a soccer shirt, so we looked for a regular shirt for her at a local Korean shop. We got her a yellow shirt with a little girl walking a dog. It read "I'm always singing hello I'm lucy in joy and in sorrow" So fun living in the "Land of the not-quite-right".
I am still laughing about Anna Grace's shirt!! Did you get a discount because of the spelling? Kevin-did you make the pizza and cake? Or were you talking for Lorri? Have you tried the V8 Splash? I can not taste the vegies in it mixed with fruit. More like fruit juice but it also has vegies I think. See you very soon!
ReplyDeleteThat was all me writing (Lorri). I think I actually started this blog. Kevin just had fun so he kinda took over with the blogging. But we both do it. The shirt...no discounts...that is how they sell stuff here. It's all lost in translation. There is a website somewhere about KorEnglish. I'll have to try and find it. We do use the V8 Splash. We mix it in with smoothies and once in a while give them a little cup of it. They aren't big juice drinkers though. We are ok with that!
ReplyDelete