The Ham cake... (you may have seen this on Facebook) my prototype cake that I made sometime in July. It wasn't too bad; a little gooey in the middle, but edible. For some reason, humidity or something, the one I made the day before Ethan's party just didn't cook at all in the middle. So I had to tell Ethan to come up with another cake plan. He told me he wanted a strawberry cake. Yuck! But not wanting to let my sweet boy down, I scoured the internet for a good recipe that involved real strawberries (I am not against cake mixes, except for strawberry). But anyway...here is what the ham cake WOULD have looked like.
He opened a present before the party started...little stinker! He also decided to change from a nice shirt into his pajamas (an undershirt and pj pants). I guess it's HIS party...
The much awaited HAM. Also shown is homemade mac & cheese and sweet potato casserole...all of Ethan's favorites. (Apparently Anna Grace's, too!!) We also had some rolls and of course pickles and carrots with ranch.
One of the games we played: Pin the snout on the pig.
Another activity: planting seedlings for the kids to take home. We had two other games but it was so chaotic I forgot them. We were going to play "Lick the lemon" and see who could do it without flinching...and of course take pictures. I was also going to let them make butter in a a mason jar with whipping cream (Ethan LOVES doing this). Maybe next year.
The greatly anticipated STRAWBERRY CAKE. So the pig looks a little scary. It was a last minute idea to do the pig. I had some mini cupcakes from the rejected ham cake, so I saw that as I was about to assemble the two cakes and the idea came to use the mini cupcake as a pig snout on the round...and well...here you have it. I frosted the whole thing in 10 minutes. It was a rushed day. It was very tasty. We are actually going to eat the last chunk of it after dinner tonight!!
Ethan, the happy 7 year old. Doesn't he look dreamy here!?

No comments:
Post a Comment