The Youth Center on base here had an event that I just couldn't refuse. Fear Factor. I knew team Lipski would dominate. Sadly, I had a party to go to that evening, so I was merely a cheerleader. Just for participating, we got 6 months of free membership at the Youth Center (it's like $50 per kid). The winner would also get free a free summer camp for each kid in the family. So, we signed up!
The Events:
Team "USMC" Huddle
A sprint to the pool for a team member (Kevin) to dive to the bottom of the deep end and retrieve a billiard ball.
...And they return. I think we came in second or third.
The Arctic Challenge: A frozen T shirt. The goal was for a team member to put it on.
It was completely frozen in a solid block.
Lucky Jacob!
Getting close...
Ahh...Victory!!
Way to work as a team :)
The next event, the Brown Bag special was not our best effort. We had a weak link. Better yet, a weak stomach.
Kevin couldn't hang. Something about baby food peas & chopped up Vienna sausages in a diaper made him rather queasy. We forfeited that event.
I forget what this last event was called, but basically an eco-friendly dunk tank. The number of throws it took to dump the water would determine the winner of this event. Unfortunately, there was an issue with the effectiveness of the bulls eye and most participants had problems getting the bucket to dump. But regardless, we didn't thrive in this event either.
But we had fun!!
The Results:
(Not pictured: Lorri, Owen & Anna Grace- we were all photographing & cheering for them on the sidelines!)
Love it!! And not bad for placement. Way to go Team USMC! Oh, and the arctic challenge...more common than you might think! Love you all!
ReplyDeleteYou all are braver than I am!! Congratulations. I love the pictures especially Kevin and the "diaper". I think team USMC did an awesome job. You can start getting ready now for next year!
ReplyDeleteGreat job Team USMC. We were very proud of our son-in-law - it looked like the spirit was willing but the stomach weak! Thanks for the fun pictures.
ReplyDeleteFor the record, Kevin did not know what was in the diaper. That was revealed after the event!
ReplyDelete