Friday, March 19, 2010

Owen's New Bed

Tonight Lorri and I put the kids to bed and then settled in for a movie.  We watched "Yes Man" with Jim Carrey.  Funny movie, but not the highlight of the evening.  After the movie ended, I went back to check on the kids before hitting the rack myself.  Anna Grace needed some adjusting so she wouldn't roll off her bed, Ethan was fine, Jacob was fine....but Owen was nowhere to be found.  Not on his bed, not under his bed.  Not in his brother's beds, not in Anna Grace's bed.  Not in his closet, not in Anna Grace's closet.  Not in our bed, not in our closet, not lying in the pile of pillows on our floor.  Not in the play room, not in a bathroom, not in a bathtub.  Not somehow hidden in the living room, kitchen or laundry room.  I got Lorri in on the search and after five minutes of frantically turning on all the lights in the house, we found him:







We had to wake him up to get him out, and at first he was very confused and scared.  We finally managed to coax him out, though, and last I checked he was sound asleep on his own bed.

Tonight reminded me of the night at Pete and Linda's in July 2008 when we put Owen to bed on the big bed before transferring him to the play pen for the night.  The bed barely fit between the two walls in the room.  At one point in the evening I went to check on Owen and he was not in bed.  After some searching, I discovered he had rolled off the bed and was firmly wedged between the bed and the wall.

Did I mention that Anna Grace got herself firmly stuck between her mattress and footboard this evening?

No comments:

Post a Comment