Saturday, December 12, 2009

The 12th Day of December

This morning we decided to go and more fully investigate the big Pyeongtaek walking trail we have heard so much about.  The kids and I investigated it with Grammie a month or so ago when she was visiting, but this morning we saw even more of the trail.  As it turns out, however, even though we were on the trail for almost two hours, we didn't see but a fraction of the trail.  It was awesome, however, climbing to the top of the trail and having a fruit cup and cocoa break.


Momma Bird feeding her chicks.


Owen rejects cantaloupe.


Strange creatures in the woods.


Stranger creatures in the woods.





In Korean tradition, it is best to bury your ancestors on the sides of hills.  May be a Buddhist thing, not Korean, but I'll plead ignorance.  Anyway, everywhere you go there are tombs of varying styles all over the place.  These are a few we saw today.













1 comment:

  1. Wow, even prettier than when we were there. Maybe when I visit next fall I will be able to walk up the hills and we can explore more of the trail. I would love to do that.

    ReplyDelete